2001 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 032013

Focus

I had purchased the car a week and a half prior to the accident. There was enough distance for me to make a sudden stop, going 35 mph in order to avoid a collision. However, the brakes failed and I hit the vehicle in front of me, which made the airbags deploy, smashing the windshield. Because of the deployment of the airbags, the car was deemed a "total loss" and the repairs (estimated to be $8,700.00) would have far exceeded the car's worth. After the accident, I had found out that the original owner had difficulties with the brakes, even when the car was new.

- , WILMINGTON, NC, USA