2001 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Dec 032003

Focus 4-cyl

In Dec, of 2003 I had cause to go to Ford and complain about the brakes on my car, this was the 4th time I had complained to them. At this time they said the front brakes were worn to 0.I was into Ford just 2 months before for the same thing and nothing was said at the time, now they decided that we were going to pay for the whole thing rotors included I was shocked because I was told that the cheap brakes that Ford puts on only last for less then 12,000 miles we paid to have them replaced because Ford gave us no choice, now we are having problems with the back brakes making a loud squiling noise I am so unhappy that they choose to do nothing.

- Dover, DE, USA

Jul 222003

Consumer had a front collision and neither of the air bags deployed. Dealer notified. Vehicle's engine stalled causing steering and brake failure causing a collision into the side of a mountain. Air bag equipment failed to deploy on impact.

- Towanda, PA, USA