2.4

2001 Ford Focus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 272006

Focus 4-cyl

The rear wiper in my 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 stopped working. Upon investigation I found that 5 wires in the wiring harness going into the hatch lid had cracked insulation and exposed conductors. One wire was completely severed. I have used electrical tape to temporarily render the situation safe until I can make a more permanent repair. I have also learned than many other 2001 Focus owners have experienced the same problem. I believe the exposed conductor constitute a serious fire hazard.

- Glenville, NY, USA