2001 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Sep 132014

Focus ZX3 2.0L V4

I was driving down the highway about to reach the city and all my dashboard meters dropped to zero. I was able to drive for about another 200 meters then my car started to sputter. I turned right and after I made my turn, my power steering turned off. Upon stopping my car shut off and wouldn't start. I tried to diagnose the problem but I had no idea (and still don't). I waited for my friends to get to where I was so I tried to start it up again and it started roughly. My friend followed me, and my car started to doing the same thing again. Once I stopped, we tried to give my car a jump, as we thought it was my battery not holding a charge. My car started up beautifully, so we started to drive home again. As I was getting close to home, it started doing it again! Luckily, I was able to get it into the working stall before it started to sputter. Any ideas of what it could be???

- , Kelowna, BC, canada