2001 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Oct 202007

I have a 2001 Ford Focus. Water started leaking into the front passenger floor. I took it to the dealership and they could not find a problem. The leaking continued. After it rained again, the water leaked into the floor all over my new video camera. I took it to the dealership where I live and told them what had happened. They said they could not find a problem, yet the car did not leak again. Recently my husband was doing maintenance on the car and found a "for sale" sign spray painted black lodged over the cabin air filter. He removed the sign and now my car is pouring water again. After doing some research, this is a common problem among Ford vehicles, especially '00 to '04 Ford focuses. There needs to be a recall.

- Canton, GA, USA

Sep 282006

I had taken my grand-daughter to the dentist and when we came out the key ignition would not turn and the steering wheel was locked up. I spent the most of the morning trying to get it to turn one more time so that I could take it to Ford town to get it fixed. I knew what had happened because my daughter has a 2004 Ford Focus and hers had just locked up about a month before and she never did get it to turn over, she had to have her car towed and the ignition cylinder drilled out, finally we were able to get it to turn over one more time and the man at Ford town told me to leave the key in the ignition and the next day they would try and work my car in to have it fixed. I took it to Ford town the next day and they fixed it and it cost me $184.37.

- Carlsbad, NM, USA

May 192004

Ford of ocala sold me a bio hazard car that has ruined my life, my health, my finances, and possibly my future. They refused to do anything, ever, knowing I was beaten down, sick and forced into debt from the losses this car caused me. They knew I could not afford an attorney, so they, and the attorney general and the Florida governor all just treated my issue as unimportant... blew me off. This includes Ford customer care and Ford board of directors as well. (0 before catch iz a zero) tells the story, clearly.

- Troutdale, OR, USA