1. get a different brand of car (2 reports)
  2. had to be replaced, dealership won't cover the cost (1 reports)
2001 Ford Focus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 012010

Focus SE 3.2L

So it has been a year since my rear middle seatbelt has stopped latching, seems that the problem is within the female part of the belt.......I have had so many problems with this vehicle and continue to add on more. Seems to me that others have had this same issue with their ford. So guess i am on my way to the junk yard to hopefully get a part there, hope it works ill update with the price i paid to get this fixed and how horrible it was to do on our own

- , High Ridge, MO, USA

Jun 082008

Focus SE

Just a pain in the butt. Back seat belt female part obviously didn't like her male counterpart. Which sucked for me because it was the middle seat belt in the back which is the safest place for a car seat. I finally broke down in tears and the dealership and they fixed it. I know, what girl thing to do, but it worked.

- , Laramie, WY, USA

Feb 162007

Focus SE 2.0

Since day one, & 3 Ford Dealers, I'm seeing things because my seat belts do not work @ all & now they are just ornaments, because they do not work, but you know the Ford Dealers said there is nothing wrong they are okay, so I think that I'm going to trade this for a real car, No more Ford B.S. vehicles for me.

- , Lutz, FL, USA

Feb 102006

The front passenger seatbelt would not latch. Cleaned it out... still wouldn't latch. Brought to a garage to get fixed... ended up costing me over 190.00! Now... the back passenger seatbelt and the middle seat belt in the back seat are not latching. My children sit in their booster seats in the back... and now it is not able to latch... what am I to do now??? I am not wanting to have to pay another 380.00 to get 2 belts replaced. It should be a recall if many others experience this problem as well!

- , Albany, NY, USA