1. new suspension (1 reports)
2001 Ford Focus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 102010

Focus SE Sport 2.0L V4

I began to notice that the car wouldn't take dips, potholes and driveways very well. It made a loud thud each time, and I figured the shocks had probably gave way. After a day or so, I had a friend look at it to see if he could see anything wrong because the noise coming from the back part of my car sounded really bad. Apparently, the trailing arm had completely broken in half, so I basically had no suspension on the back driver side tire. I am guessing it happened a few days back when I loaded my trunk with some boxes.

The scariest part of this inconvenience was that the trailing arm housed my brake lines (including the emergency brake) and all the lines had become twisted and nearly destroyed because of this. I had to have it towed to a mechanic at that point because driving that cheap piece of crap could have cost me my life. My brake lines could have snapped which could have caused a serious accident, which put my life and the lives of others in danger.

Ford needs to realize that you can't just throw a bunch of cheap parts together and call it a business deal. People could have been killed because of their lack of quality.

- , Fallbrook, CA, USA