1. costly replacement (4 reports)
2001 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 122012

Focus SE 2.0L

Have repaired hub 3 times just keeps wearing out! Tires wear faster than I can buy them. Rear wheel "leans" in at top. Once again - piece of crap!!!

- , Sintaluta, Saskatchewan, canada

Sep 012012

Focus ES 3.2L

Never seen anything like this. So I was turning in the driveway and my rear wheel fell off the passenger side of my car with the brake hub still attached to it! It went rolling across the front year and my car fell over on the axle/brakes. My brakes are exposed. No one in my family has ever heard of anything like this happening and there are several mechanics in our family. Anyone else have this happen?

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

Jul 252008

Focus ZTS 4 cyl

rear bearing was not designed well to keep dust/debris from getting into the bearing and gunking up the works. This was supposed to be changed under a recall for vehicles sold to areas that had winters where streets get salted. Fortunately mine was sold in Florida and made its way up to Kentucky within a year. So I was not able to get it fixed for free under the recall.

- , Covington, KY, USA

Jul 042005

Focus SE 2.0L

While the rear break failed prematurely, Ford told me the bearing is gone too.

More money out of my wallet.

- , San Jose, CA, USA