2001 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 152002

Focus

Consumer stated he could not drive more than 45 mph, anything over felt as if he was losing control and driving through a continuous puddle, swerving from side to side, tires only had 6500 miles on them, dunlop sp sport w-10, P205/50R16, dotu22V4M61501ma2520.

- Sanford, ME, USA

Mar 082002

Focus

Have had numerous problems with the car hesitating and stalling. Have taken the car in a total of 7 times. 5 of which were related to hesitation. 3 of the those 5 times they found problems with the car. 2 times for an egr emissions sensor and 1 for a fuel pump (they think). The other two times they coulndt find anything wrong at the time. I have called Ford directly and they can do nothing about the car, because they say it is repairable. I have had the car back now for a little over a week since they have replaced the fuel pump. Seems to have a little hesitation still, but has not stalled. We have had the left rear tire replace once for cupping of the tire. Ford dealership wasnt sure what caused it, but they say I could have run over something hard. The new tire starting cupping like the one they replaced, then that is when the recall for the rear wheel bearings was issued. No problems since then with the tires.

- Osceola, WI, USA

Feb 012002

Focus

I have reported numerous problems to you with this lemon. The dealer was told when the car had 5000 miles, that there was a brake problem. Several experts have noted that there was a faulty caliper causiing the brakes to fail and the tires to continually blow out, resulting in numerous roadside emergencies. The dealer has reused to either repair, or replace the car from the beginning stating they will not lose money and that the same thing has not occurred often enough. The car is inoperable since the defective caliper, the rotors, and the shoes are all severely worn. The repair shops state that the car is too new to get the parts and that only fordd can get the parts. They want me to pay $200 minimum for each item of at least four, saying they will have nothing to do with it. This is what they have been stating since my complaints began. I have reported these facts to you before, numerous times, as well as by telephone. I have gotten no results. I am disabled and have spent the last week home alone without the ability to get my medical care, and other needs. This cannot go on.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Nov 102001

Focus

While driving at freeway speed the drivers side tire flew across the freeway.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 192002

Focus

No summary listed for above vehicle. (tiresize: P195/60R15)

- Stamford, CT, USA

Mar 192002

Focus

No summary listed for above vehicle. (tiresize: P195/60R15)

- Stamford, CT, USA

Feb 222002

Focus

At 23,000 tires on front of car worn right to thr steel belts.I faithfully had tires rotated and not one person acknowledged that were somworn. If I had not gone when I had it may have resulted in a serious accident. I am very dissatisfied about how Ford motor is handling the situation.they keep passing the buck to someone else.

- Springvale, ME, USA

Nov 102001

Focus

While driving at freeway speed the drivers side tire flew across the freeway.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 012001

Focus

While driving at any speed and vehicle hits a bump steering is difficult to maintain. Vehicle wanders unexpectedly from side to side. Dealership has examined vehicle several times. Shocks and tires were changed twice. Please provide any additional information / documentation.

- Odanah, WI, USA

May 022001

Focus

I drove the car to work and parked it. It was parkedfor 6 hours. When I left work to start the car it wouldnot start. There was no noise nothing. I waited a few minutes and tried again. Nothing. I then phoned the road side dservice. When they arrived it satarted. The car was taken to quirk Ford via the road side dservice. Thaey were unable to find anything wrong with the car. The same condition has occured 4 more times. The second time was the day I took it infor the 6,000 mile check-up. It actually would not start for the technician. The next day I was told they had to program the the ppats keys with the ngs system. That was on May 30,01. On June 10 in our driveway it occurred. It finally started after multiple tires and pushing and fidgeting the key in the ignition. Then on June 13 it happened twice, once in the morning and once in the evening. Again the same ordeal fiddle, push, shove, try not to think you are stranded. I am calling quirk Ford tomorrow am and will also report to this to Ford main headquarters. Do I have any recourse?

- Quincy, MA, USA

May 282001

Focus

I bought a new Focus 01 in October 00. Yesterday, I recognized on the right rear side a significant bubble. Moreover, I checked all other tires, and all three remaining tires had deformations at the threads. I took pictures of all the tires and can provide if required. I showed them to my coworkers, and they did comment that this was unusual for them too. After work, I brought my car to moontownship Ford dealer in pittsburgh, they just said except the bubble such formations could occur, they said they were usual indentations. Moreover, I also called in the morning my dealer (parkway East Ford). One service man said that they had a similar case with Focus right at hand. But I forgot to get the service man's name. The next time I called them, nobody knew of such an occurance, which really disturbed me. The bubble and the so called huge expected "indentations" for such a new car is really unexpected and I hope this information is helpful and enough for you. Hope you can help me with this issue. (tiresize: P185/65R14)( dot number: Tire size: P185/65R14 )

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA