2. replaced both rear wheel bearings (1 reports)
2001 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 102010

Ya, I found out these little buggers have a problem with the rear wheel bearings just replaced mine at 32,126 miles. But, that is the only problem so far, we bought it used and have put 21,000 on it so far. Probably should have replaced the brakes while it was apart, but from the way it sounds I'll have to change the bearings again before they wear down. Maybe I looked at it wrong but did they even make those pads so you can't reverse them. The only pad that looks worn is the rear the front looks like new. From what I understand the car companies don’t make much money off these little cars, so they jack the price of parts way high. I went ahead and replaced the two locking nuts……$10.00 apiece. I almost drilled a hole in the spindle and put castle nut on them.

- , Enterprise, KS, USA

Apr 142006

Focus ZX3 2.0L

Wheel bearing replaced 2 times by for Ford for free. The 3rd time I had to pay $300 for the back wheel bearings. Here I am 2 years later and wheel bearings are out again with 100k miles on the car. This car is a piece of JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Beach Park, IL, USA

Nov 052008

Focus SE 2.0L

Wheel bearings are rumbling in rear. I will probably change them myself. My last Ford. This car is a POS.

- , Earth City, MO, USA