7.6

1. fix plastic retainer for the up/down mechanism (10 reports)
  3. replace power window motor (9 reports)
  4. pay dealer to fix the window (7 reports)
  5. i put a 2x4 under both windows that broke to hold them up (4 reports)
  6. have plastic door stoppers wedged in beside glass (1 reports)
2001 Ford Focus windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Feb 082007

Focus ES V4

A year or so ago, the rear window on the driver's side broke and would not go up or down, when my husband opened the door panel to see if he could fix it, he was totally taken aback to find out, how bad the thing looked. To begin with, the line looked like a standard fishing line, which was so mangled, it was no way he could make heads or tails out of it. We then took it to the dealer and had a fixed, which cost about $300.

Then sometime last year, same thing happened to the other rear window. Since we can't afford to keep sinking money into it, we have the window propped up and manually keep pushing it up, when it slips. It's nice to have automatic windows, but it's a darn shame, the way they are made. At least how Ford makes theirs. We've had numerous problems with the car and frankly would never buy one again, nor would I recommend it to my enemy, never mind a friend. Don't buy FORD FOCUS unless you want to keep sinking your money into it!

- , Williamsburg, VA, USA

Aug 222006

Focus XTS

The Ford Focus is by far the biggest lemon in the modern car market. Not only have I had SEVERAL recalls issued on mine, but the dealership barely made an effort to notify me of these problems. I only discovered the "fuel pump issue" after desperately searching online for a solution. Then, my car was missing half a tank of gas when I got it back.

Anyways, the back windows on my Focus have broken. I haven't had it fixed yet; but, as I suspected, I have figured that some little piece inside the window has broken and now the cable is not attached to the motor. Both windows in back have gone out at about the same time. As I feared, an entire assembly must be replaced just to fix the little plastic piece that caused the problem. One side stays up, but won't pull itself down according to the switch. The other is opposite - won't stay up to save my life. If you slide it up by hand and apply some pressure towards the front or back; you can sometimes get to where you're going without the thing falling down. Rarely.

The car was given to me, and I just a soon would have told my Mom to keep it had I known what a pile this thing is!

If you're thinking of buying one, DON'T! A honda or toyota is definitely the cure for the common domestic. No more Fords in my family!

- , Goldsboro, NC, USA