CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

2002 Ford Focus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 212002

Focus

At first I thought I might have hit the hatch release when I unlocked the vehicle using the key fob. As I started the vehicle and pulled away, the doors locked and I had to stop at a light and noticed the rear hatch was up. The second time was when my dog started barking and there was the hatch up. I had to pull over, I'm luckey I did not lose the dog. I started using the key after that. As soon as I pull away, and after the doors lock a while later the hatch is open. This only happens now and then. Every other month or so. I have checked the rear hatch prior to driving. This hatch can only be released by the button on dash or by using the key fob. No key. The third time I had grocery's all over the place. I have stopped using the rear hatch. Side doors only. The dealership said they could find nothing wrong.

- Davenport, FL, USA