6.0

1. have wiper motor replaced (1 reports)
  2. replaced relay switch (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Oct 202008

Focus SE 2.0L

I have a 2002 Ford Focus SE, and in Nov. 2008 my windshield wipers wouldn't go back to park position if you used the one swipe method, but worked fine if you had it on the constant swiping method. I asked a co-worker as her son (mechanic) about it and he said it's the relay switch (kind of like a fuse and is located with the other fuses). I popped it in and it works great. $12.00 verses an auto store telling me I needed a new motor. That's a difference of $80.00....what a savings! I hope this helps others with this problem.

- , Rochester, MN, USA

Oct 272007

Focus ZX5 2.0L 4 cyl Zetec

when trying to turn off wipers they do not go down by them self. i would have to turn the wipers onto the delay feature and then when they stop at the bottom of windshield then i would turn off the switch. after all the money i have already spent on this car i just thought i would let it go this way and deal with the hassle. then when i went to get the car inspected it failed due to this. so i had to pay to get it fixed after all. the 2001 focus has a recall for this very problem but the dealer said no recall has been issued for the 2002 so once again i got hosed by ford. will never ever buy another ford in my life.

- , Searsport, ME, USA