CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

6.0

2002 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 232010

Focus

I bought the car 2 weeks ago (used) and the door ajar light came on. It randomly came on and then i went to work thinking it was no big deal. When i parked my car it turned off so i turned my engine back on and it was gone. So i left it alone and went to work. When i was done work i tried to turn on my car and it was a no go, the battery died. I got jumped by a co-worker and it was fine, no door ajar light came on and it was good once again. The car has a auto-light on/off switch if a door opens/closes so maybe it thought the door was open again and that's how my battery died? I'm not a car person but i dislike the bad wiring problem as it could lead to worse things.

- , Norfolk, VA, USA