CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

6.7

2002 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 172008

Focus

A couple years back my passanger motor went out and had to get it replace. Now my radio does not work and my cd's are stuck in it. I have written Ford but got no responce. Please help.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 032007

Focus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Ford Focus. He wanted to purchase a kayak holder from thule. Thule advised him that they would not warranty his vehicle because the roof rack for his year make and model did not pass there crash tests. There had been no failure to date. The current mileage was 50,000.

- Vale, NC, USA

Oct 152003

Focus

There is a line that went straight into the engine's intake that has been leaking fluid since 2,000 miles and was inspected by deler who told to me that it was nothing. But the engine case should not have a large leak of fluid that soon. Finally now, they have done something on this and replaced the hose, as it was seen once more and knows of all the times reported. I hope this is just not a easy fix or this now hasn't caused any damange to the inside of the engine itself, as the engine has been in the shop for riding rough. They told me last time that the part of the transmission that was fixed would fix this. I think it is due to the oil leak on the top of the engine case since it was new. A new car should never have a oil leak on a engine case.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Apr 252003

Focus 4-cyl

I have 2002 Ford Focus. Premature wear of front brake pads and rotors. Began hearing grinding noise four days ago. 30,000 miles. Chafes, wear excessive, uneven, scored.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Jan 312003

Focus

I own a 2002 Ford Focus that I purchased last June. I had went into the walmart, and when I came out I saw a car which I thought was mine but it didn't seem like I had parked that close to the car-I proceeded to the car unlocked the trunk with my key-put my groceries in the trunk and opened the drivers side door-which then I noticed shoes in the floorboard on the passengers side and realized my keys had just opened the door and the trunk to someone else's Ford Focus-so I grabbed a buggy real quick got my stuff out of the car-locked the doors and went and found my car. My husband called the dealer and they just laughed and said that you have a one in a million chance something like this would happen -they could change the locks but didin't think it was necessary-would probably never happen again-I emailed the Ford company. They called my husband talked to them-they said they would make a report and to call the dealer back and see what they wanted to do about it. After my husband talked to both of these party's it was decided they weren't going to do anything. We are going to have to get a burgular alarm-so I won't have to worry about someone getting in my car, stealing items if shopping, etc, etc, etc. Mostly wanted to make you aware and see if you have had any other instances of this happening. You pay a lot for a car-for everyone who owns one like it to be able to get in your car. Scares me too=that car thieves may catch on to this

- Knoxville, TN, USA