CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

8.3

2. replace the ignition (8 reports)
  3. new tumbler (4 reports)
  4. complain to the federal trade commission (1 reports)
  5. hold down on shifter and turn key (1 reports)
  6. inject 'PB blaster' into ignition cylinder (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 012007

Focus ZTW 4cyl

steering wheel locks and can't start the car the usual way. Key won't release the locked wheel. Very common problem but Ford is not recalling the cars. Had car towed away to the dealer for ignition replacement. No doubt the new ignition is another piece of crap that will leave stranded when I least expect. I'm done with FORDs and other american made cars. I'll go back to Honda, Toyota or Nissan.

- , Coral Springs, FL, USA

Sep 152006

Focus 4 cyl

The ignition key gets stuck. My passenger's rear window came off track yesterday, 3 months ago the rear drivers passenger window came off track too. The back door has locking issues along with the trunk. The radio comes off and on. FORD is living up to it's name "FIXED ON ROAD DAILY"!

- , Newark, CA, USA

Nov 122007

Focus SVT

This is ridiculous!! Why is this problem not being taken care of by Ford? I have defended Ford the whole time I have owned this car, but I don't think I can do it any more. This need to be recalled, no questions asked!

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

Oct 092007

Focus LX 3.2L

I loved this car. Wanted to drive it constantly as does my son. The issue is, it sits in my yard with the ignition locked... IT started a little at a time in August just not working then in a few minutes it did. So it is now October and my husband is driving his sons truck. It is estimated to cost $95 for parts and $100-$400 for labor.. The thing is this little car is great on gas and is quiet as all get out. But this has burnt us on Fords. The other issue is no one is turning this in so that we can get a recall going. Save your receipts so that you can get reimbursed for it when and if they do recall it....

- , Independence, OR, USA