- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 10 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 20 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 26 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 39 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 51 days ago
2002 Ford Focus
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.
Worst 2002 Focus body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- water leaks into vehicle interior9
- trunk does not unlatch consistently8
- body is rusting1
- door hinge rattles1
- outside air and smells coming into car1
- NHTSA: Structure17
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 9
- NHTSA: Structure: Body6
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members5
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Hinge And ...2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Tailgate 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.