CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

4.0

2002 Ford Focus clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Sep 012007

- Reno, NV, USA

Nov 062006

Focus 4-cyl

Clutch pedal disintegrated, investigated it and found out that hydraulic fluid is leaking from clutch master cylinder. Dealer said it is not covered by warranty. I think it should not had worn out prematurely when the car have only 32500 miles on it.

- Lincoln Park, MI, USA

Dec 142005

Focus 4-cyl

My foot pad on my clutch pedal became slippery due to leaking hydraulic fluid out of my clutch master cylinder on my 2002 Ford Focus ZX3. Now I have stains all over my carpeting and shoes. My clutch began not releasing due to this as well and the plate burned up.

- Tulalip, WA, USA

Nov 012003

Focus 4-cyl

Clutch master cylinder leaks clutch fluid. Fluid runs down stem of clutch pedal, loosening the rubber pedal pad, which proceeds to fall off in certain situations while vehicle is in motion.

- Clinton, UT, USA