8.0

2002 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 082013

Focus ZX5 4 cyl

My sons 2002 ZX-5 ( ford focus) will not EVEN try to start sometimes. Everything power wise comes on but when you try to start the engine, it won't even turn over. any help?????

- , Springfield, MO, USA

Dec 122012

Focus SE

There are times when I go to start my car either when I get up in the morning or late at night on my way home from school, I go to start the car and it won't start. Lights will come on, but the car won't even turn over.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Apr 222012

Focus ZX5

Randomly, the car will not start. I can wake up in the morning, drive to store and be inside for 45 minutes and when I come out the car sometimes will not start. I turn the key and all lights and everything work fine but there is NO sound of it even TRYING to start- no clicking, no engine trying to turn over, NOTHING. Sometimes, if I keep turning the key over and over I can get it to start- sometimes this only takes 2 or 3 turns, other times I try for 30 minutes and can't get it to work. I have had the starter replaced and three weeks later, it started to happen again. This time, I had the wiring harness replaced because there was a short in it and it's been about a month and it's doing it again!! I had it towed to the shop and of course, once it gets there, the stupid thing starts just fine. The shop has had their electrical guy come in and they can find NOTHING wrong w/ the car. I am so incredibly frustrated.

- , Marina Del Rey, CA, USA