8.7

1. replace the engine (2 reports)
2002 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 142012

Focus Wagon 2.0L Sohc

I seem to have the same problem as most focus complaints, loud engine rattle. With the head removed I could see that piston # 4 skirt had shattered and con rod twisted. Had just bought this car for economical run around but it is anything but economical with the cost of repairs. The worst is there seems to be no cure.

- , Falkland, BC, Canada

Jan 262012

Focus SE 2.0L

Wow finally someone to listen to my deepest feelings of utter regret of purchase of a Ford product. Well what can you say live and learn.

- , Gigbharbor, WA, USA

Jul 202011

Focus SE 4 cyl

I bought Focus SE one and half years ago at 90,000 mileage. In the beginning the car behaves good... I was loving my focus until the car started making big noise when i do the U-turn. I went to the local workshop and told the AC transmission got to be replaced costing me $550. later in the evening I was called by them my AC went bad and need to be replaced for $200. I did not replace AC Cooler just the Transmission. So I drove my car without AC cooler, though the fan and heater was ok.

After driving for 6 more month, the rear door lock made some unusual sound when i started to drive. But i did not want to fix it until few weeks ago, the door lock died and did not work at all. but i could lock it from inside. Now comes the big problem. Yesterday, I noticed the car engine makes a rattling sound like it is grinding some stone. Went to the local workshop and he told me there is some problem with the piston inside the engine and have to replace the engine for $3000 at least. OMG!!!!! Now I am in a spot of bother. I see no option. I think I am gonna junk the car and get any other car other than FORD. I GIVE UP FORD AND WON'T RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

- , Anaheim, CA, USA