5.3

2. check your coolant temperature sensor (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 302009

Focus ZTS V4

Whether you were in stop and go traffic or not the car would run real hot and start to over heat. Most people would try fixing the thermostat in most cases, which is a common problem. If you replace the thermostat and are still having the dame problem I would recommend that you replace the coolant temperature sensor. To test that try running your car when it would normally start to over heat and try kick on the AC. This will force the fans to kick on. If your car starts to cool down and you hear your fans on then you need to replace the coolant temp sensor.

- , Temecula, CA, USA

Mar 012009

Focus

In July of 2007 and now again in March, 2009, my Ford Focus ZX5 is running hot once again. In 2007, I had the valve cover gasket replaced, the thermostat, housing and all hoses changed. I also had the thermostat changed out in 2005. Now in 2009, same problem of running hot in stop and go traffic. I'm wondering if this precedes the engine problems reported by other Ford Focus ZX5 owners.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Jan 252006

Focus

SORRY, was 45,000 miles It was my EGR tube it had a hole in it & my vacuum elbow was rusted & had a hole in it i got them too fix and my car was still running hot & stalling they say that its my fan because its taking along time to kick on and its rusted " what the' i got another diagnostic test done and cant nobody find what it is. i no that I am not getting another ford and i really like ford but no never ....... i wonder what else going to happen.. that you

- , Cinti, OH, USA