8.7

1. replaced 02 sensor, fuel pump and battery (2 reports)
  2. replaced fuel pump (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 012007

Focus ZXS 2.2L

Car continued to sputter when driving, tried pouring gas treatment but that didn't work. Fuel pump had gone out!!

- , Mead, OK, USA

Oct 172007

Focus LX

Again my car only has about half the mileage allowed for the year it is. I have had to replace the fuel pump and some other things in relation to that. I am starting to think now that I have almost gotten my car paid off it is going to start acting like a "disposable" car. Meaning it was only meant to last as long as the loan. Then it might as well be disposed of because it is going to start costing more money than it is worth.

- , Wichita, KS, USA

Apr 022007

Focus SE

Last year I had a problem with my Focus suddently shifting very hard while in low gears (I have an automatic), then sputtering and quitting while driving or parked. This problem went on for months as I took the car into the Ford dealer and outside mechanics, but noone could seem to duplicate the problem. Finally ford decided it was the 02 sensor causing "sticking" and also that this caused my fuel pump to go bad because it was working too hard. Then my battery died. When it rains, it pours with this car... and no one has any answers. Not only does this car have every problem under the sun, but many times, the engine electrical system is "locked" and can only be accessed by a Ford dealer... WTF?!

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA