CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

8.0

1. fixture needs to be replaced due to rust (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 032007

Focus Wagon SE 2L 4 cyler

My wipers stopped working the other day. Last summer I had the wiper motor replaced at a Ford dealership for ($400.+) . Today, I'm told it's the "wiper- linkage" that needs replacing. Parts cost about $180. + labor.. The mechanic at my garage tells me that he hasn't seen much of this problem on other 2002's. I'm pissed because I have been very careful with the wipers since the motor died in 2008.

It's all adding up!

This is my last Ford Product unless someone gives me one for free!

- , Lachine, QC, Canada

Jun 282006

Focus SE 2.0 DOHC

changed the 2 license plate lights 3 months ago, and 1 light is already not working and is all green. will have to change again. also water leaking into the latch. Ever heard of this before?

- , Saint-Alexandre D'Iberville, Quebec, Canada