Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

2002 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 222006

1. I was driving my 2002 Ford Focus wagon back from a camping trip and I was going about 60 mph on the freeway 2. all of a sudden there was a "crack"/"bang" from the back of the car, drivers side, the car continued without jolting/swerving (I.e. no affect to the driving of the vehicle), however, after another few miles the rear drivers side wheel was making a high pitched sound, plus cracking, plus some jolting as the bearing realigned itself at times. I stopped the car and the heat from the wheel was incredible, one could have fried an egg on it (this wheel was much hotter than the others). Unfortunately this happened on a stretch of road where there are no towns, no cell phone signal, etc, I was forced to drive the car to a town, max of 40 mph on a 60 mph stretch of road, I had a baby in the car and was scarred that something would happen to her. In the town, I left the car, had to call a friend to drive me home. I must say it was the most unpleasant feeling in the world. In addition, this happened on a Saturday night, where all car shops are closed! 3. repair shops open tomorrow, the repair is yet to take place.

- Kirkland, WA, USA

May 262006

Focus 4-cyl

Paint cracking underneath clear coat.

- Bremen, IN, USA