- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 5 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 17 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 22 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 28 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 47 days ago
2002 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.
Worst 2002 Focus steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power steering pump leaks4
- loss of power steering2
- power steering hose leak over exhaust manifold caused fire2
- power steering pump failure1
- sway bar linkage failure1
- NHTSA: Steering26
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device8
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly6
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System5
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar3
- NHTSA: Steering: Column2
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion2
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Knuckle: Spindle: Arm1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.