CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

6.0

2. replace power steering switch (1 reports)
2002 Ford Focus steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 012008

Focus ZX5

This is a very scary and serious problem. Every times it rains, or when I drive through a medium sized puddle, I loose my power steering. This started last summer sometime. The first time I couldn't even turn the wheel and almost ran into a house. Most times I have to stop the car completely, shut it off and then restart it. I've been gaining some muscle so I'm now able to force the wheel to turn, with significant effort. Does anyone know what the problem is? I've brought this to a general mechanic, but they can't seem to find any problems.

- , Limoges, Ontario, Canada

Jul 212006

Focus ZTS 2.0L

Power steering "switch" went. Lost power steering, fortunately it is cheap to replace.

- , Underhill, VT, USA