CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

4.0

2002 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 092009

Focus LX

I financed a 2002 ford focus. The tire area was making a noise when I test drove it & the salesman told me that it would go away(and it did for the moment) he also told me there was nothing wrong with the car & they would not sell me a car that was gonna break down because if I stop paying my car note they wont get paid for the car...basically trying to reassure me that everything was fine and told me they placed one of the car's parts (can't remember what it was). The noise coming from the tire area made me a little iffy about buying the car so the salesman took it for a spin around the dealership testing the brakes and said that the brakes were fine. I should haved went with my first thought and walked away.

- , Cleveland, OH, USA