CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L SOHC engine has a defect where the intake valve seat fails. The valve then falls into the cylinder, destroying the engine & most owner relationships with Ford in the process.

2002 Ford Focus windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Focus:

2002 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 112013

Focus ZX3

This is the second time my passenger side window shattered. The first time my dad fixed the problem by buying a replacement window and installing it. It has been a month since the new window was replaced and it shattered again in a drive-thru. My dad was in the passenger seat when it happened and he cut his hand. This is ridiculous that there is no safety recall for this problem when I keep finding complaint after complaint about this on the internet. When I am done dealing with Ford there will be a safety recall. Get with the program people! What has to happen for there to be a safety recall on this. Does the glass have to blind someone or cause an accident. You people are lucky neither my friend not my dad were seriously injured or I would be hiring a lawyer.

- , Toledo, OH, USA

Jul 072013

Focus ZX3

I was driving my car with my friend who was visiting from out of town. We were going 35 mph on a busy street when I heard a shattering noise and she screamed. I looked over and my passenger side window had completely shattered and my friend was covered in glass. Fortunately we were by a hospital and we drove there quickly to make sure she was ok and did not have any glass embedded in her or cuts. I almost got into a car accident because the window shattering cause me to suddenly look over while driving. The window was half up during this time and there was no evidence of a rock or anything having been thrown at my window. This happened a second time after window was replaced and there will be a second complaint filed. Upon researching this problem on the internet I have discovered that It is a window relay switch apparently. Window would always make a funny clicking sound when I would roll it up.

- , Toledo, OH, USA