2003 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 102009

Focus SE

If I go to unlock the trunk from the inside, the button will push in but the trunk wont pop open. I have to use the remote to open the trunk, the button is just pointless.

- , Columbia, SC, USA

Oct 012007

Focus SE

The trunk lock doesn't stay open when it is unlocked, so I have to pull the emergency trunk release string every time I close it. Occasionally that doesn't work either, and I have to pry the lock apart to shut the trunk.

The interior trunk button does not unlock the trunk if the car is running or the keys are in the ignition....... and I can only get the trunk to open if I am standing there, and pull it open as I press unlock while it makes the clicking sound--- otherwise it locks itself again immediately. (which means the interior trunk release button is useless)

- , Greeley, CO, USA