4.0

1. replace locking mechanism (1 reports)
2003 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Oct 202006

Focus ZTW

Just over 50,000 miles on ZTW SW. I've had it for less than 3 years. Remote stopped opening driver's door (worked fine on all other doors). And then the key stopped opening driver's door. I couldn't lock or unlock it from the inside or the outside so the only way in and out was to climb over the passenger seat. Someone finally opened it by pushing down HARD on the lock/unlock toggle button above the handle and unlocked the door by pulling on the door handle at the same time --making it possible to get to the screws so door panel could be removed. (But still couldn't unlock door from the outside at all.) Replaced the locking mechanism box ($116 for the part). Still had to climb in through passenger door. Now the key works and the remote will lock (but not unlock) that door. I can't take it to the dealer right now because I know I would have to pay a fortune, but that is the only option left unless someone else can tell me what to do to fix this. Have looked at wiring diagrams both from Ford online and Chilton's and at parts picture charts showing the parts at dealer parts dept and online. I wish I still had my old Escort! The repairs it had needed were do-able. This is a real pain!

- , Houston, TX, USA