6.0

2003 Ford Focus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 252009

Focus SE 2.0L 4cyclinder

I read a couple other complaints about coolant leaks around the Focus thermostat housing. I've not had a leak there or anywhere else before, but in trying to find the origination, the complaints I've encountered may be helpful. It appears the leak on my 2003 2.0L, DOHC engine maybe at the end of the 'Pipe 1 to thermostat' hose connection at the thermostat, or perhaps the thermostat itself. The complaints I've read so far seem to "focus" (sorry for the pun) on the thermostat housing itself. I know it's more expensive, as a part, than either the hose itself, the thermostat itself, or the thermostat's gasket. I hope that's not what I'll find. It was confirming to read about how difficult it was for the investigator to access the thermostat housing itself... I completely agree that the many hoses, tubes, and other equipment in the area are a nuisance!

- , West Sacramento, CA, USA