1.2

2003 Ford Focus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 082016

Focus

Car starts but when put in gear, stalls out. Engine will run with foot on gas pedal but stalls our when placed in gear. **happens only in very hot weather temperatures. Search web for Ford Focus stalling out in hot weather. Hundreds and hundreds are reporting this problem but no solutions from anyone including Ford. Very dangerous to have car quit running at stop signs, intersections etc. No answer from Ford in spite of numerous complaints on the web. Must use two feet with one on gas pedal and one on the brake. Ford has no bulletin on this problem that effects so many Ford Focus owners.

- Suffield, CT, USA

Apr 042015

Focus 4-cyl

Car comes to a traffic stop and dies. Had been shaking prior and had a diagnostic done only to spend $150 to have it no better. Took it to a better mechanic who said the valve seat dropped. I owe 2K on this car and it is worthless not to mention I am a student who has to go to work and classes with absolutely no recourse here. How do I keep my job or my status in college shame on Ford you started me out with a really big problem and now I have to pay for a car that wont go anywhere and will not run on a 2K debt. And no transportation shame on Ford..

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA