4.0

2003 Ford Focus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 302010

Focus ZTS 2.0L

I just purchased my Focus about a month and a half ago and to me the gas mileage sucks literally. I just did the math on it tonight and i'm only getting around 18 mpg mostly city. My last vehicle was a 1994 Mazda Mx3 and it was getting around 35 mpg! Granted the Focus weighs about 350 pounds more, but both cars are 5 speeds and I am not an aggressive driver. According to the EPA rating my car should be getting around 26 city and 34 hwy. I am not having any running issues or a check engine light, and I have no idea what could be wrong.

If anyone has experienced this same issue and the matter was somehow resolved please let me know how, and I will do my best to help resolve whatever vehicle issues you may have. Thank you in advance.

- , Toledo, OH, USA