2.9

2003 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 072006

Focus 4-cyl

I own a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 (std) with 49000 miles. The week of ~2/1/06 to 2/8/06 I began noticing that the key in the ignition was getting stuck and would require some jiggling before the key would turn in the ignition. This happened about 5-10 ten times throughout the week. On 2/8/06 I went out to my parked car and the key would not turn. I tried putting the car in/out of gear, turning the steering wheel sharply, reinserting the key, etc... the car was towed to an auto repair shop. The repair work included drilling out the broken ignition cylinder and replacing the ignition cylinder with a new one. The cost to me was $370. The tow truck operator and mechanic indicated to me that this is a common problem with the Ford Focus and that they have both towed and repaired quite a few of focuses for this problem.

- Sebastopol, CA, USA