2004 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Focus:

2004 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 312005

Focus 4-cyl

3 months after buying a 2004 Ford Focus LX, the brakes and calipers had to be replaced. Approximately, 3 months later again. Then again 5 months later but yet to include my rotors were destroyed. Everytime I ahve complained that this shouldnt have happened and the dealerahip acted as if everything would be ok. I was in a small accident during this time because my brakes completley gave out. I was the only person involved in this accident. My front bumper is messed up becasue of this. All of these parts have been replaced everytime!!I have spent over $400 dollars in rentals ahving to drive them while my car was being fixed. Im sick of having to constantly have the same problem corrected. I don't know what else to do. My friend drives a Focus and had the same problems. Hers was returned immediately when she found out how many times it happened to me. I cant return my vehicle until damages are fixed, which I don't feel is my problem. I would never reccommend this car, and try not to drive it in fear im going to hurt myself or another.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA