2004 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Focus:

2004 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 282004

I bought the car with 0 miles on it. I heard loud squeaky noise in the brakes at any speed when slowing down. The first week, I took the car back to Ford. Ford sent me home telling me it was dust in the drums. They said it should wear off in a while. 1 month later and the noise still was present not better or worse. I took it in again, they had the nerve to tell me to just wait longer. 3 months and the noise continued. I then took it back and they put new brake pads. I had the car for 3 months and the brake pad were bad"?? they put new brake pads on, and again the noise remained. Will they ever fix this problem??" it is now 1 year after and the noise remains. Don't buy a Focus, even brand new and 100,000 mile warranty and still have problems no one will fix.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA