4.1

2004 Ford Focus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Focus:

2004 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 042006

Focus 4-cyl

My car is again in service due to a faulty gas cap. The wire which attaches the gas cap to car keeps getting caught when the cap is be screwed on. Check gas cap light comes on and then the check engine light comes on. This is the 4th time it is in the shop for this reason. I am told I have to check each time I get gas to make sure cap is on properly and that connecting wire is not caught. I don't believe most people have to do this. I believe the gas tank line was installed improperly and therefore it keeps causing this problem. Thank you.

- Sweetwater, NJ, USA