2005 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 252016

My sister owns a Ford Focus 2005, she had a minor accident during a trip to work. The car slide down a hill at less then 25 mph in wed road. The car stop by crashin in to a rock in the side of the road saving her life from a clift. Recently we upgrade the suspension, tires and breaks to prevent it to happen. We took the car for a round trip in it we have a second accident. This time I was driving the car in a littel hill at 45 mph in a zone of 50 mph, at a half of km I change the gear because the road was wet to slow down the car but suddenly it start sliding over the wed road. Considering the time and, the maneuvers to take control of the car I start pumping the breaks and tried to pull the car out of the road but ot didnt change its direcction. At less then 8 meters the car got a littel of traction but it was to late to evade this accident. During the colition the air bags didnt deploy leaving my body hit the wheel. It was a miracle we are alive and I dont whant to imagine driving this car during a snow road.

- Isabela, PR, USA

Dec 012014

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Focus. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently and the vehicle swerved from side to side. As a result, the brake pedal required excessive force in order to control the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,000.

- Pamerson, PA, USA

Jun 012007

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Focus. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle hesitated to come to a stop. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle accelerated independently and would rev. The contact also stated that the tires were replaced on several occasions due to the failure. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 32,000.

- Palmerton, PA, USA

Aug 022014

Focus 4-cyl

We bought this car used, after we got it we noticed the fuel gauge was broke, there's something wrong with the brakes, and there are numerous other problems that worry me. We have small children to think about so the safety of this vehicle is very important. It has a good battery, but it's always dying after being driven. We have taken it to the dealer several times but they have yet to fix it. I don't know that there is anything you can do about this, but I'm desperate to try anything and anyone for help.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

May 162014

Focus 4-cyl

This is the third time I had to place front left and right head lamps and high beams. I brought this car off of enterprize dealer in Nevada. Over the years I began haven lots of problems with this car. So much needed to be done on this car and I spent lots of money too. Not knowing until now this car has some recall issues. Passenger rear door replace and broken again. The rear brake are rusted and needs to be replace, drums pads ext.. noise in the steering wheel when I turn the car.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 062013

Focus 4-cyl

Since we received the car, we have noticed inconsistent acceleration and deceleration - both in town and on the highway. This particular incident was a simple slowing down for a stop light. I pressed on the brake gently to start coming to a full stop behind a few cars. As my car tried to slow down, I noticed it was fighting to slow down. I pressed on the break harder, but it wasn't going to be enough to stop without hitting the car in front of me. I tapped the accelerator, then back on the break, no change. Not knowing what else to do, I put the car into neutral. The engine did not stop revving up so I turned the car off. After waiting a minute, I turned the car back on and operated fine for the remainder of the day.

- Ellendale, ND, USA