- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2005 Ford Focus
Worst 2005 Focus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rough idle2
- shuddering with hesitation2
- stalling on cold start2
- accelerating by itself1
- belt idler pulley broke1
- engine failure1
- engine oil dipstick does not indicate engine oil level1
- faulty coil packs1
- over revving, high idle1
- repeated number 1 cylinder problems1
- stalls when air conditioner is on1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Engine2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.