- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2005 Ford Focus
Worst 2005 Focus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- belt idler pulley broke2
- rough idle2
- shuddering with hesitation2
- stalling on cold start2
- accelerating by itself1
- engine failure1
- engine oil dipstick does not indicate engine oil level1
- faulty coil packs1
- over revving, high idle1
- repeated number 1 cylinder problems1
- stalls when air conditioner is on1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.