2005 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 012006

Focus 4-cyl

A/C condensation leak

- Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Nov 292005

Focus 4-cyl

I purchased a 2005 Ford Focus in October of 2004. After a rainstorm in November of 2005, a major leak occurred, leaving over 2 inches of water on the front, passenger floor. The dealership fixed the car. In July of 2006 I found water in the same location. After the dealership looked at the car, they stated that it is coming from a different location (not where they originally sealed it). They went on to tell me that they would have to remove my dashboard, requiring extensive labor, to locate the new cause of the leak. Unfortunately, my warranty is up because I drive far to work. I have only gone 700 miles over my limit. After speaking with many agents at the Ford Motor Company I find I am out of luck. A service representative said that if there were enough complaints they would have to file a recall but he has not had any yet. (I am the first...I ¦find that hard to believe). I went on-line to search for others in my situation. I found numerous websites with complaints of Ford focuses leaking on the passenger floor. Please visit the following sites for additional complaints."S=&postid=1134094#post1134094"Q=water+leak.

- Spring Lake Heights, NJ, USA

Feb 212006

2005 Focus blows in the direction of the wind when driving highway speeds. The consumer stated the problem only happened when the wind was blowing at 20 to 25 miles per hour

- Biscoe, NC, USA