4.2

2005 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Sep 302016

Focus

One of the passengers snapped a photo without the persons permission. Invasion of privacy.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 232016

Focus

The paint around the licence plate has bubbled and fallen off.

- Middlesex, NC, USA

Feb 022015

Focus

Door lock on rear, passenger door won't lock

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jun 242013

Focus 4-cyl

Vehicle hesitated when pulling out creating a hazard from oncoming traffic.

- Sturgis, SD, USA

Dec 012014

Focus

Consumer writes to disclose the correct vehicle in which she owns.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

May 152012

Focus 4-cyl

While driving my vehicle locally, my car shut off and engine light came on. I was told it was the main flow valve. I have to replace it, but then my key got stuck in the ignition. My friend was able to get it out. On August 12, 2012, my driver seat moved while I was driving and continues to skip on a certain click latch. Indecember, I had to take it back to the mechanic, cause my engine light keeps coming on, but we are unsure as to why it keeps doing that. Every now and then I can smell smoking wires/electrical wires burning. Now my lighter in the car is not working, but I think that runs in a fuse...not sure. On April 13th, 2013. I returned home from a wedding and I am unable to yet again, get the key out of the ignition. I took it to my mechanic and he told me to check to find out if others are having the same problem and what they did. Then my friend told me about the major Ford recall.

- Willingboro, NJ, USA

Sep 122012

Focus

Vehicle has intermittent driveability issues. Occassionally the vehicle stalls and the radio will come on by itself. Also, there is a loud bang coming from the rear of the vehicle. The dealer was unable to find the source of the problem...updated 07/22/13

- Mashpee, MA, USA

Jun 012011

Focus

The rear passenger exterior door latch has failed. There is an NHTSA campaign id number : 05V030000 for 2005 Ford Focus door latch problems. I called Ford and gave them my VIN number and they said there is no recall for that VIN. In my opinion the NHTSA description of the failure is the same as my problem.

- Tinley Park, IL, USA

Mar 302010

Focus

Our key is stuck in the ignition of our car. We can"T get it out. I'm afraid that we may have our car stolen because we have to leave the key permanently in the ignition

- Renton, WA, USA

Apr 042008

Focus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Focus. While driving approximately 62 mph with the cruise control activated, the contact bumped the floor shifter and the gears shifted from drive into neutral. The RPM's began racing until he turned off the vehicle and pulled off the road. He attempted this scenario a few times and got the same results. The current mileage was 25,166 and failure mileage was 25,100. Updated 05/06/08.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA