2005 Ford Focus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 222009

Focus

My parents were involved in a motor vehicle accident on 10/22/09, they were traveling 57 miles per hour, hit a lady that pulled out in front of them, their airbags never went off, a direct front end hit on their car (2005 Ford Focus) and also the seatbelts broke.

- Melfa, VA, USA

Feb 212009

Focus

I lost control on an icy road and hit a colvert which sent the car in the air and slammed back down. The car finally hit a bank and stopped. The airbag light was on and the steering wheel popped open but the airbag never actually deployed. Fortunately, other than pretty bad neck and back pain I walked away ok.

- Morgantown, WV, USA

Oct 252006

Focus

Where do I begin? I've had almost all of the issues/complaints already filed here from the dome/airbag lights going off for no reason, the key getting stuck or the car stalling in not starting, disrespect/unprofessional from Ford repair staff or calling Ford corporate, and the most famous Focus moment of all, when the car shakes at speeds of 50 or above on highways. O Ford!, how you've screwed us all!!!!!!!

- North Bergen, NJ, USA

Mar 302008

Focus 4-cyl

My daughter was involved in an accident in our 2005 Ford Focus she hit someone in the rear and then was hit in the rear by another car. When the impact happened the seatbelt failed to tighten up to prevent her from flying around in the car she hit her ribcage on the steering wheel and then was forced back by the impact of the second car hitting her from behind. Also there was $6,000 worth of damages done to the vehicle and the air bag never deployed and almost all the damage was to the front of the car.

- Gurley, AL, USA

Nov 132007

Focus

My wife's 2005 Ford Focus, going 35-40 mph, ran head-on into the side of a SUV that ran a stop-sign in front on her. The airbags did not deploy.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Sep 012005

Focus

2005 Ford Focus with air bag light on, and other problems. Customer states that along with the airbag light on the passenger side window will not close and the key would not come out of the ignition.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 102007

Focus 4-cyl

Air bag light came on about 2 weeks ago. After shtting car off and restarting, the light came on and went out as it should. Yesterday the light again came on and will not reset. Will take car to dealer at first opportunity

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Mar 232007

Focus 4-cyl

The transmission on my 2005 Focus was difficult to shift into 1st gear. The dealership replaced it under warranty during 7 - 16 March 2007. While doing the work they nicked the brake line just enough to create a slow leak. The location of the leak was near the front left tire. After one day of driving, all the fluid leaked out and the brakes failed while my wife was driving it. The dealership arranged to pick up the Focus with a tow truck. They repaired the brakes (19-23 Mar). On 23 Mar, my wife picked up the Focus. Approximately 1/2 mile from the dealership, the driver's side airbag deployed while she was turning left. The force of the impact pushed her left arm down and to the right, pulling the steering wheel to the left, causing her to hit the curb. No other vehicle was nearby or involved. She was able to maneuver the Focus into the parking lot of a medical treatment facility, where she was treated for cervical injury. The dealership picked up the Focus with a tow truck. At the dealership they put the Focus up on a lift and I inspected the undercarriage along with the service manager and mechanic. The brake rotor was complete separated from the wheel and the lower control arm was bent at about a 20 degree angle from normal. The wheel was noticeably scratched and the tire was cut. The service manager suggested that my wife hit the curb causing the airbag to deploy. My wife is absolutely positive the airbag deployed causing her to hit the curb.

- Yorktown, VA, USA

Feb 172007

Focus 4-cyl

I was recently in an accident. My airbags did not deploy. The other three cars involved all had airbags and theirs did deploy. My car has been deemed a total loss. I would think that in an accident of this magnitude that the airbags would have functioned normally. I am not certain that the extent of my back injury would have been lessened by the airbags deploying, I just wanted to report the failure in the case of a common occurrence with other consumers.

- Alta Loma, CA, USA

Dec 132006

Focus 4-cyl

: the contact stated the air bag light illuminated intermittently and a few weeks later, the passenger air bag light illuminated. The dealer attempted a repair however, the problem recurred.

- Logansport, IN, USA

Oct 022006

Focus 4-cyl

I was hit on my passenger side (T-boned) by another car. None of my airbags deployed (side or frontal). I was hit hard enough that the impact itself knocked me out. The frame of my car was bent and it was totalled.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Aug 242006

Focus 4-cyl

2005 Ford Focus airbag system inoperative at around 23,000 miles and 1.5 years of service. Dealership advised wiring harness severed by rodent. Not covered by Ford warranty remains uncorrected.

- Avon, CO, USA

Nov 172005

Focus 4-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 25mph, the vehicle was involved in a front end collision and the airbags did not deploy. There was braking upon impact. The contact was wearing a seatbelt and minor injuries were sustained. There was moderate damage to the front end of the vehicle. The police were on the scene and a report was taken. The vehicle was not inspected for the airbag failure.

- Sunrise, FL, USA