4.3

2005 Ford Focus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Feb 242007

Focus 4-cyl

On 2/24/07, I made a purchase at a drive through window at a fast food restaurant. I leaned across the center console to place the order on the passenger side floor. While doing so, I bumped the gear shift and it moved from drive to neutral without depressing the lock button on the side of the gear shift handle. Upon arriving home, I tested the gear shift handle, and found I could move it from reverse to neutral to drive, and from drive to neutral, all without depressing the gear shift release button. It seems to me that unintended shifting while driving could result in a serious incident, and I believe the shift release button is designed to prevent that. On this vehicle, this is a problem.

- Tallmadge, OH, USA