2005 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Focus:

2005 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Oct 312014

On the date of my accident, I was headed for work, I was traveling about 65 M.P.H when the car in front of me slammed on her brakes. I couldn't avoid the situation, I ran into the back of her.. my airbags did not deploy.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jul 212014

Focus 4-cyl

All 4 Eagle GT tires that are only 6 months old are worn and scalloped due to a know problem to Ford technical service bulletin id: 10034585 July 10, 2010 and service bulletin no.: TB-21399 component(s): Tires NHTSA id number: 10034585. Our mechanic ran a diagnostic and service bulletin search for possible manufacturing issues to cause the tire wear. The solution that Ford has come up with it to add 4 additional upper control arms at $140 a piece plus labor. When I spoke with Ford they indicated that the problem is a known one but are unwilling to do anything to correct the problem. They are waiting until people are either injured or killed to correct the problem. Advised them that I will keep all receipts for new tires. This is the 4 set of tires in 3 years due to this problem. I advised them I will wait until the tires are totally worn and cause an accident and damage and then let my insurance carrier deal with their faulty vehicle.

- Itasca, IL, USA

Apr 132012

Second time the rear passenger wheel bearing has gone bad in 1 year. Tire flew off the second time. Nobody was injured, but could've turned into a very bad accident.

- Brooklyn Park , MD, USA

Jun 302010

2005 Ford Focus wagon. Have experienced at least 4 if not 5 wheel bearings replaced. Only 1 of those for front right wheel. 120,000 miles on vehicle. Started way prior to that mileage.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jan 012010

The chrome caps come off of the lug nuts. Not only is this a safety hazard from the point of being flying debris, but now you can't change the tires with the included tools because the capless nut remnant isn't any standard size. I had 1 lug nut replaced under warranty, but this past winter, I lost 4 caps, and several others are loose. I am tired of doing pre-trip inspections on my car to push the loose caps back on, and to see how many more flew off on my last trip.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Mar 142009

2005 Ford Focus St - decorative lug nut end caps fail and fly off the wheel. All eight (8) of my wheel lug nuts have failed and the decorative end caps have come off.

- Cordova, CA, USA