2006 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Focus:

2006 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Nov 272009

Focus SES

The key got stuck in the ignition when we were visiting in Iowa and we are from Minnesota. It was a royal pain. We brought it to the Ford Dealership there and had it replaced for $485.91. Then less than five years later in on June 4, 2013 the key got stuck in the ignition again. Luckily this time we were at home but extremely frustrating to have a part fail in less than five years.

I did some research online to find out about this problem, how long the warranty is, make a case to argue with Ford that they should fix this if they want my business since we are considering getting a new car. I find out through www.fordproblems.com that this has been a problem with the Focus since 2000. This is ridiculous!

SOLUTION: On another website I found out how to fix the key stuck in the ignition. On the shifter of the automatic between the shifter handle and the shaft there are these black three rings piece that has slid down. Simply move it back up and the key comes right out!

Although it is a ridiculously simple fix and should not be a problem it would be nice if Ford suggested this as a fix.

- , Oakdale, MN, USA