2006 Ford Focus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Focus:

2006 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 152007

Focus 4-cyl

Several weeks ago vehicle ( Focus ) developed a significant screech whenever brakes were applied. Took it into local Ford dealership and they said that if I had reported brake noise in first 12 months or 18,000 miles they would have fixed it. They had a technical advisory from Ford indicating there was a problem with a limited number of vehicles but did not want to send out recall notice because then eveyone would complain about brake squeak. Since I did not have the problem in their time limits the expense to fix ( estimated to be over $700 ) would be my responsibility. I don't trust Ford because they have had cover ups before. I don't believe them when they say vehicle is safe to drive and I don't have $700 to spend to replace the entire rear brake system. I talked to two dealerships and corporate customer assistance. All basically said it was my tough luck. I want to go on record as challenging their stance on this issue and hope you can investigate brake safety on this vehicle after 18,000 miles.

- Oxford, MI, USA