2006 Ford Focus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Focus:

2006 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 102009

Focus

My 2006 Ford Focus hatchback developed frayed wires in the hatchback harness that caused a short so that the dashboard lights do not come on as they should when the exterior lights are turned on unless the rear window defroster is also turned on. Despite being covered by Ford's 'extra care' extended service plan that is supposed to cover wiring harnesses, Ford is refusing to pay for the repair.

- Needham, MA, USA

Dec 222008

Focus

The key gets stuck in the ignition and won't come out. I have to remove one of the battery cable from the battery, remove the key from the ignition, then replace the battery cable back. This has happen more than once.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 122008

Focus

About 2 months ago, my key got stuck in the ignition. I could start and drive the car, but not get the key. I drove to a Ford dealer and the person had no trouble getting my key out. This was at 34,000 miles. Now, at 36,500 miles, the same thing happened. I am taking to a Ford dealer and they better repair under the 3/36,000 warranty.

- Annandale, VA, USA

Sep 152008

Focus

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 model ses. Ignition key stuck in ignition. Car will start but key will not come out. Car can be put into gear with switch in off position. Safety problem car has 35,000 miles. Dealer did warranty repair today - we are picking the car up tonight so I don't know the quality of the repair yet.

- Waverly, IA, USA

Jun 062008

Focus 4-cyl

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE rear hatch door wiring ---broken wires and wire insulation. First started with plate lights blowing out. Now all parking lights, taillights and dash lights are out---blowing fuses!!! out of curiosity I pulled down the rubber boot of the wire harness of the rear hatch door and found broken wires and insulation. Went to Ford website to see if there was a recall on this, found no recalls at all for my car!!!!! upon further research found that there is a recall for this very problem from 8 years ago Nov - Dec of 2000!!!!!!!!!

- Warren, NH, USA

Apr 242006

Focus 4-cyl

On four separate occasions my car, without forewarning, cut off while in motion and at various rates of speed. The car is now being serviced for this problem for the third time in the two months that I have had it. The car also has a problem with not starting, for no apparent reason.

- Orlando, FL, USA

May 042006

Focus 4-cyl

I purchased a 2006 Ford Focus on 12/3/05, it had 4 miles on it when I drove out of the dealership. On Thursday May 3, 2006, it caught fire in my carport. The mileage is between 2,000-3,000 miles, I believe. I arrived home from a meeting at a local bank, having driven approximately 2 miles. I parked the car in the carport, turned off the engine and entered the house. I did not notice any strange noises or odors. My husband arrived home about 15-20 minutes later. He began tooting the horn on his vehicle to get my attention. When I opened the door, he yelled "get your keys." I could see flames under my car and smoke seeping out the sides of the hood. I threw him the keys and ran for the fire extinguisher. He entered my Focus got the engine started and backed the vehicle out of the carport and away from the house. As he backed up the vehicle, flaming parts began falling out from under the car onto the concrete floor. He got the car backed up about 10 feet and the engine quit and would not restart. He exited the car and tried to open the hood. The hood was very hot to the touch but he got it opened. The flames were about a foot high at the back of the engine area on the left side. We were able to put out the flames with the extinguisher. We then extinguished the flames on the pieces that were lying on the carport floor. Both continued to smoke for some time but the fire did not re-ignite. When the smoke cleared and we felt it safe to approach the vehicle, we could see the charred remains and melted parts. In retrospect I remember on two occasions seeing the battery icon lighted on the dash while a sat outside my office waiting for the bank to open with the car idling and the radio on. Both times I revved the engine and the light went out.

- Dade City,, FL, USA