2006 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Focus:

2006 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 192016

Right rear passenger door will not lock presenting a safety hazard for young children and elderly passengers. False sense of security knowing that your passengers are safely secured and not at risk for accidentally opening door and thrust out of the vehicle. Door was acidentally open while in motion.

- Naperville, IL, USA

May 042012

Key is stuck in ignition due to broken plastic ring on gear shift it broke in several pieces and will not go up since the whole plastic sleeve is broken too shift will not go in park all the way so key is stuck I have to leave key in ignition

- Denham Springs , LA, USA

May 152015

The rear door locks will not operate. The door will latch, but the rear doors will not lock. This is a safety hazard as children in the back seat can open an unlocked door while the car is in motion.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Nov 012013

Focus 4-cyl

Gas pedal sticks.

- Coxs Creek , KY, USA

Mar 192013

My key keeps getting stuck in the ignition. My husband got it out the first time but this time even our car service man could not get it our. We were told to contact a locksmith, so we had one come out, he told us before he came it is a know problem on the Focus from year 2000 till current. It cost me $170 for him to take it out. He told me to call and see if they ever had a recall on it. When I called the Ford dealer, the service tech told me she never heard of any keys getting caught, she told me to bring it in. I really think if this is an ongoing problem something needs to be done. I am retired and cant afford to take it in every time the key is stuck. I am sure it will happen again.I asked someone at work who knows a lot about cars if this ever happened to him he said no but I hear Ford Focus is a bad one for that, he doesn't even know I drive one. He told me to contact you and file a report.

- St Louis, MO, USA