8.7

2. replace wheel bearing (1 reports)
2006 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Focus:

2006 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 052012

Focus ZX4 SE 2.0L L4

The same time my clutch master cylinder went out, my wheel bearing on the front right had been going out too. We procrastinated waaaay too long on doing this, it started getting so loud you could hear it with the radio on still. I also did this in my highschool shop class, but this was a really awful job to do because no matter what we did, we just could not get the bearing out of the hub.... I guess that's my problem right there, trying to save the old hub, but whatever.

Nothing really special happened with this, it was as straight-forward as any other bearing replacement, it just urkes me that this bearing went out at such a relatively low-milage...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T BUY A FOCUS!!

- , Lowell, IN, USA

Jul 022010

Focus 2.0

The driver side rear bearing has gone bad four times. The third time I paid a ford dealership to fix it and align the car which wasn't cheap. I think the rear spindle/axle was undersized in the manufacturing process. Its only one side and I have replaced the bearing 4 times now going on my 5th.

- , Mayville, ND, USA

Oct 022008

Focus

Only 36,000 miles on a car driven on paved roads and the wheel bearings are going out?!?! Does anyone have any idea what this might cost? We bought the car new so I will check to see if its under warranty, but it probably isnt.

- , San Andreas, CA, USA