2006 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Focus:

2006 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 182009

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr heard a hollow noise could not figure out what is was had some grinding checked rear wheels to see if there was any slack in bearing or what...finally I got to work and checked wheel again this time there was slack called the dealer told them my right rear wheel was about to come off...duh! that was at 83500 miles the dealer said it was not out of the ordinary? yeah right! I told him they were lucky it did not come off while I was out in no mans land nervada some place doing 70 mph! dealer replaced right rear wheel bearing to the tune of $400.

- Enumclaw, WA, USA

Mar 182009

I have had 3 wheel studs break off while changing tires from summer to winter and back. Took to 2 dealers and contacted Ford and none of these sources would honor 3/36 warranty regarding manufacturing defects. Dealers stated that studs were rusty and that they were probably put on to tight. This false, as I do this myself with a torque wrench per vehicle specs. This could be a very dangerous condition if I was changing a flat on some rural road or busy highway and I could not get wheel of without breaking wheel studs. Rust on the studs caused by road salt and debris through the open wheel nut design is a problem that should be corrected by Ford.

- Tully, NY, USA